Today I decided off the cuff, following over from Janssen’s blog, that I am going to attempt the 31 for 31 challenge of Mission: Put Together held by Definitely RA.
First off, I sorted my things and only came out with about 25. So I know for a fact that I have another polar fleece in the mail that I am including whenever it arrives. I will add the picture on the website for that. Or the link. So much for the picture. It’s a polartec aircore parka.
So technically I’m doing this but with slightly fewer items.
Not including leggings in this list because I pray I won’t have to wear them. Anyway, it’s May in Georgia. It’s hot here in May except first thing in the morning.
Clockwise from top left.
1. Brown and blue print skirt I made in my sewing class.
2. AE Hi Rise Jegging. Dark Indigo Wash.
3. Old Navy. Roll hem plaid shorts.
I am a huge dress-wearer. Especially when it starts heating up in the South. I bring a cardigan or a polarfleece jacket with me to help me withstand the A/C in the busses and buildings, but most of the time, this is my wardrobe. A bunch of these are from our trip to SE Asia this last fall. So I don’t even remember which pop up shop or small market vendor we bought them at. I might be able to tell you which country.
Clockwise from top left.
1. Ross Dress for Less. Blue flowered dress. Altered by me.
2. Ross Dress for Less. Brown zebra print dress. Some five years old.
3. Ann Taylor. Petite XS. Turquoise animal print maxi.
4. Malaysia. Blue and pink t-shirt dress. Picked up at the outdoor market.
5. Malaysia. Blue tulip dress. Bought at the indoor mall our last day there.
6. Thailand. Southwestern print pink and turquoise dress.
7. Hong Kong. Bought at the outdoor market. It came with a grey overshirt but the thing was the weirdest shape. I always just wear the dress by itself.
8. Thailand. Actually bought it at a vendor at Pike Place Market in Seattle the first time I went there with my husband. Pink, blue, brown, and tan seventies flowers.
9. One dress didn’t fit in the picture. It’s another Ann Taylor. Purple animal print with the cap sleeves. PXS.
Clockwise. Starting at the top left.
1. Ann Taylor. Dust blue t shirt. Petite S.
2. Wet Seal. Teal striped roll sleeve t. S
3. IZOD. Black polar fleece jacket. XS
4. Loft. Pink tank shirt. Petite XS.
5. Old Navy. Teal elbow sleeve tunic. XS.
6. White House Black Market. Black and white polka dot peplum top. S
7. Ann Taylor. Bright blue t shirt. XS
8. TJ Maxx. Coral tank top. Not yet worn. Hoping it fits in with the rest of my stuff!
These may or may not get used. May in the South is usually really hot. (Er, by my standard but I am a Colorado girl still.)
From top left.
1. The same IZOD jacket in the last photo. Not counted twice in my 31.
2. Ann Taylor. Merino wool v-neck cardigan. Black. PS.
3. Ann Taylor. Merino wool v-neck cardigan. Oatmeal. PS
4. Old Navy. Bright green hi-low hem sweater. S
5. Eddie Bauer. Navy striped sweater. PS
From the top.
1. Chacos. Brown and electric blue. Size 5.
2. Clarks. Nude. Peep toe heel with ankle strap. Size 5.5
3. Clarks. White (called pearl). Three strap sandals. Size 5.5
4. Clarks. Black. Riding boots. Size 5.5
5. Merrell. Brown. Hiking sandals. (name Sidekick Deck.) Kids size 4.
I only ever wear certain earrings. All of them are diamond studs. I hate dangly stuff and I change clothes SO OFTEN to swim or run or bike, there’s no point. Also, I am one of the few people who mostly never takes her earrings out. Even to swim. I wear my wedding ring. The only jewelry I might wear sometimes are necklaces (of which I have 3 or 4.) and a scarf (which I have 2).